Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Floor plans!

So after a few sessions with the architects and builders, we have managed to hammer out some initial layouts of the rooms in the house. We also have an idea of how we'd like the house to sit on the lot.

I personally love these layouts, and it's going to be hard to talk me into any significant changes (I'm looking at you, Blake). The garage faces Nebraska, and the front of the house is on 16th. The great room features an open layout that includes the kitchen, dining area, and living room. All the bedrooms are upstairs, as is the laundry room (all houses should be like this!). We have tons of backyard space, and a nice porch on the front.

Floor plan PDF
Site plan PDF

8 comments:

  1. Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you afraid that someone, say a neighbor, could use the floor plan to plan a daring heist of all your valuables?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would only be a problem if they knew we kept all of our valuables in the master closet. Oh no! I hope they don't read this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll move all the valuables to the mechanical room, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! Good thinking!

    BTW, I made those links open in a new window. I am an HTML god!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the floor plan, and the upstairs laundry room. Going to save LOTS of up and down the stairs latter on. Hey! Where's the elevator for us aging parents. I suspect a plan here...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,
    My husband and I are in the process of planning a new house (possibly passive) in Upstate NY. I happened upon your site...was thrilled to see the link for floor plans. But the link doesn't seem to be working. We've been looking at farmhouse plans but I'd love to see the floor plans of your house. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right you are, Karla! Hopefully they're working now. Also keep in mind that we did change the plans a bit before we broke ground, especially upstairs. But the basic ideas are the same.

    ReplyDelete