Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Howdy

I'm just introducing myself on the blog. I hope to also contribute once the house gets going. I'm very excited about this process, and mostly I can't wait to move in. :-) The new lot is on the same block as our current house, and we can actually see it from our upstairs bedroom window, which will be nice when we want to keep an eye on the builders.

Speaking of those builders, we have hired Bilyeu Homes in Salem, a wonderful local company that specializes in "green" building. Larry and his son Blake have worked on some of the homes in the Pringle Creek Community, a green community in south Salem (www.pringlecreek.com).

Our architect is Nathan Good of Salem, also known for his work on green buildings (www.nathangoodarchitect.com).

Nathan, Larry and Blake have worked with us to design a plan that will incorporate as many sustainable features as we can afford. I'm most excited about this aspect of the home -- I can't wait to always have my home be a comfortable temperature and save tons of money on my energy bills.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys & your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the house unfold. Or perhaps grow from the subfoundation on up! Great blog page!

    Karen Rue

    ReplyDelete